Friday, April 25, 2008

Bathroom Remodel - Complete

I don't know if any of you remember the first photos we posted of our upstairs bath - that bathroom a friend here kindly referred to as a wall paper disaster. Well, after many hours of toil, labor, and exasperation (mostly on the part of Weston and Helen) the bathroom is finally done. Here are some before, during, and after photos. We sure did learn a lot in this process and are very happy with the results. I figure, if we can make the rest of the house look this nice, come time to sell, it shouldn't be to difficult - we can all keep our fingers crossed. In the mean time, we are just enjoying our new bathroom.

Here is what is looked like when we moved in. Notice there is no shower.




To begin, Weston had to cut out all the tile covered parts of the walls. You can see this means that he cut out a lot of wall. We found the walls were made of this stuff called rock lath. They were quite thick - much thicker than dry wall, so then he had to shim out the walls to make the new dry wall and the old rock lath wall even.... it was a big and frustrating job. Included in the list of frustrating jobs, was all the plumbing work Weston had to do. Here is a photo him trying to capture these not rare enough moments.


Here is our project instigator. Helen come out for her Spring Break to help us tile. If she hadn't done this, who knows if we would have even started on this project yet. Thanks Helen!!!





The baby and I tried our best to help. Mostly we just worked the peanut gallery.






Here is the shower, pre gout, and Weston finishing the dry wall work. Helen did some good work on that tile job! And Weston, well, I take my hat off to him!





And here is the final product. Drum roll please......








Here is a before and after. We have a hard time believing it is the same place. hmm... now what should be do? Don't worry. Weston has already started on the hall way. One room at a time.



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I didn't realize Weston did such great work (just kidding, I knew). I'm really impressed. It's got to be so nice to have it done.

Mike and Jen said...

Absolutely Marvelous!!! Hey we have a bathroom that needs finishing and we are taking volunteers with experience! hehe

Ama said...

Wow, that is a fabulous job, it looks every nice and I would have never guess the two pictures were the same bathroom! Nice team workk!!

Sus Mettler said...

Awesome job guys! I love it. Wish I could've come to help too! I love re-doing stuff.

Lindsey said...

WOW! The new bathroom makes the old bathroom look even worse! I am so impressed, I really really like it.

Coby & Jill said...

OK--- I know Weston has many talents, but I never knew he was a Mr. Fix-It. Holy Moly--- that new remodel is absolutely stunning!! Picture-perfect--straight from a magazine!! I'm not just saying that because I'm your friend...seriously... it is just beautiful. Love the brown iron curtain rod, shower stuff, light fixture...the new sink thingy is so sleek and sophisticated. Can I write a few more adjectives?!!?! The rug just brings it all together perfectly. I can't wait to see what other projects y'all do. Maybe I'll be the one buying your showcase home when you're done!!
How fun for Helen to come and "visit".
Love the pic of Eva "helping"--- she's so flippin' cute!!

Anonymous said...

That's look so good! What a great job Weston and your friend Helen did! What a handy man Weston is!

Martha said...

That is amazing! Can we hire help from you guys?? Absolutely beautiful job. I love it! I wish Jeremy were that handy.