Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Memories of Summer

Today it is snowing, and because most of the leaves are already down, the bare branches of the trees seen through falling snow feels like real winter. So when I downloaded pictures of the recently past summer just today, well, I fell to reminiscing. Here are a few of the pictures, so you can reminisce with me, if you feel like it....

I think about my life. This summer was busy, spent getting our home ready for sale, planting and tending a garden, making new flower beds, playing with Eva, being pregnant, and resting from it all and I have to say it was delightful. We may have only gotten to go camping three or four times and home to Utah only once. We didn't see anything terribly new, backpack into Montana wilderness... I only got to use my fly rod once... but still, content I was. Sunshine I got. And I just love my little family. I think to myself, can these golden days last. Well, the last four years have been golden - but not always easy. So maybe the answer is yes, so long as I always have my little family. Here's to the sunshine of summer, even in the winter. May it last long.





m

No comments: