Friday, October 12, 2007

Our 1950's Bungalow... hopefully!

Well, this is real adulthood, a new baby and our first house in the same month! Weston went to Great Falls Montana over the last weekend to investigate the long line up of houses we thought might suit our needs and our budget - not necessarily in that order. Of that long line up, he came home with three possibilities and one favorite. As soon as I looked through all the pictures he had taken and after talking about all he saw until 2 am, we both knew which house not only suited our needs best, but also which one just felt right. You guessed it, the "favorite" house was chosen. So we made an offer, got a counter offer, and have accepted that. Here are some pictures of what will be our new home, barring any bad news from the inspector and appraiser. Keep your fingers crossed!

We think it is comfortably livable as is, but there is some general updating and also some finish work in the basement that can be done, which we think sounds like fun. People tell me this baby, soon to make an entrance, will keep me plenty busy, but I still think I'll need projects to tackle. The backyard is plenty big for kids, a dog, and maybe even chickens... :) And the house is on a nice, quiet street, so the kitties will get free range, something they will be grateful for. The highlight of the house is the green upstairs bathroom. I think you will all especially love it! And yes, we'll get right on painting that garage... well, as soon as the spring thaw comes.


















6 comments:

Sus Mettler said...

You're going to love owning your own house--there's just something about knowing its yours and you can do whatever you want with it. I hope you do get a dog--we just got number two... I can't wait to see pictures of the new family member when she arrives.

Liv said...

Bek and Weston, you've made a great choice it looks like. I love the built in shelves, and the window in the bathroom, and your little back patio. You're going to have a blast making it your own. Congratulations!

Lindsey said...

It has some GREAT features, big windows, built in shelving, yard and window over the sink. I can't wait to come visit! Glad you didn't have the baby while Weston was gone. I can't wait to see the babe.

Rebekii said...

We love those features too. I just love the windows and shelving. I know I can be happy in those rooms and that's what matters to me. and don't forget... there is room for chickens... :)

Coby & Jill said...

That is my type of starter home for sure!! Congrats on (hopefully) buying your first home!! I love old homes that you can remodled and put your touch all over! (A lot better than all the boring homes here in St. George that all look the same). I really, really like the shelves in the walls and I have always been a fan of the arched doorways. My grandpa's house had those and that type of door way has become sentimental for me. Keep us posting on the home-buying process!!

How many more days till the princess arrives??

Jacob and Andrew said...

You don't know us..so Hi! I was googling "50's bungalow" as that is what we're contemplating buying for our first home, too! My husband and I also just had our first children (twins) and "Oh the Places You'll Go" is what we read to the boys every night (I know it by heart now)..We pass through Lompoc on the way to SLO and Big Sur...and my cousins names are Brian and Adam (your friend's blog...) anyway it was just crazy how I stumbled upon your blog. Good luck and cute house! Heather (J and A's mom)