Friday, August 15, 2008

Favorites

Folks tell me it's not right to play favorites, but nobody, apparently, told Eva that yet. She certainly has favorites.

Her #1 favorite is the dog.



2nd is ......


No, it's not sleep.



It's cantaloupe! I cut some up for her today - just the right size for her chewing abilities, but too small for her little chubby fingers to get easily into her mouth.


She's a quick, problem solving kinda gal and this is what she came up with. I know other babies before her have also perfected this technique, but I can't help being proud.


You know what else I love about this little gal? She gets bored inside, especially if the dog is outside. She'll complain until I take a blanket out and set up camp in the back yard, with the dog of course. I love that she loves the dog and the cats. I love that she loves to play in cold creeks, the kind that run in the back pasture. She's not afraid of the water or the cold or the mud. In fact, she seems to love them all. I love that she loves all things new, and most things are. What can I say. I'm hooked!



Aren't you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two have a gorgeous baby girl! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Sus Mettler said...

When she smiles her eyes look like yours!

Mike and Jen said...

YAAAAAAAAY! The long awaited update! You guys look like you have had a lot of fun! I know I have said this before but can you really say it enough? Eva is sooooo dang cute!

Coby & Jill said...

I have checked your blog at least three times a week waiting, patiently, for more pics of my favorite mountain goddess!!!
She is soooo cute and I LOVE the pic of the two bears you found in the woods. They look pretty scary to me.
In any event, I have to admit something--- I was confused when I first looked at the top photo. I was like.... that's Weston--- and that's not Rebekah he's holding so close to him in a bridal gown. Man, oh man, talk about genetics.
In any event, I am excited to see another finished home remodeling project from you two. I love your posts--- and seeing your pic of Glacier solidifies that it is on top of my places to see before I'm 40!!
Keep posting!!!!