Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Puzzle


The other day we were out and about and on the way home we enjoyed a beautiful sunset over the Sutter range - which happens to be the shortest mountain range in all North America. So we stopped to try and get a picture of it. I rarely take landscape photos, I know, I know. I'm trying to take more. This was a good place to start - it was gorgeous and I thought you all might enjoy something other than another photo of my beautiful girls.... ;)

This was the result.


The puzzling part happened after. Weston noticed something on a big rock just on the other side of the fence along the side of the road. He went to investigate.

This is what he found.


One fresh sparrow, one fresh wild turkey, and the remains of another wild turkey. You can see how close to the road we are - notice sky bus in photo. The road is moderately busy. The rock was about 5ft tall.

So we would like your guesses - or perhaps "me, me - choose me I know the answer" responses to what is going on here. Who - or what (dun dun dunnnn)- is caching this kill of birds?






3 comments:

Helen said...

I hope you took those home and ate them! I'd guess a large prey bird got 'em :)

Lindsey said...

You've even stumped Joe with this one!

Helen said...

I've got a puzzle for you too.
21 white wax worms all stuck in a bottle.
Air: present
Food: present
Warmth: yes
Darkness: yes
..10 days gone by, all white worms now black.
Movement: none.
My mind frame: boggled.
Current number of attempts to farm worms: 3
Number of failures: 3
Figure this one out....and no don't pick me cause I don't know the answer.