Sunday, November 7, 2010

Aarrrrgh, Matey!


When deciding on a Halloween costume for Eva, we came across this adorable little pirate costume. Since Eva likes to take up pirate airs on a regular basis (just ask her to sing you the pirate song..), it seemed obvious this was the right choice. So we all joined in, and were a family of pirates... well, with one baby pumpkin in the lot. It was fun. Our night out was at a trunk-or-treat at the church and then she got to don her costume again at preschool.

Her pirate phrases were funny - though well said - with lots of good strong guttural exchanges. Things like, "swab the plank, matey", or "arrrgh, walk the deck!"

Addie was the cutest little pumpkin out there... now I know there were a lot of little pumpkins out there, but I stand by my own. Maybe I'm biased... but then again, maybe I'm not.









3 comments:

Liv said...

Ahoy me hearties! That's a great costume on the young lass and me thinks that's the cutest pumpkin this side of Jamaica! Aaarrgh!
:)

Lindsey said...

Where do you live? Maui? Your pumpkin doesn't even have leggings and a long sleeve with a coat and a beanie!

Cute kids.

Sus Mettler said...

Don't know how I missed this post! Love it love it love it. Good costume choices--of course, (as Alex pointed out to me when I was despairing that Abby's penguin costume was going to be terrible), cute kids look adorable in pretty much anything!